Sunday 15 May 2011

It’s a miracle, admits Peter Vaz

"It’s a miracle. We rose from the ashes, so as to say. Justice has been finally done after the great setback of last year. We regained what we were forced to relinquish. The feeling is great,” commented Peter Vaz from Shillong after Sporting Clube de Goa regained the I-League position on Saturday.
“I have to thank God for the great miracle. Soon after the victory, I dashed to the church to give thanks. I see God’s hand in it. In painful moments I had trust in God. In difficult moments I sought God. And in a happy moment like this, I praise God. Every moment I thank God,” said Peter when asked for his comments.
“The first three matches were almost a disaster. We drew the first, lost to Vasco in the second and then drew the third. But the boys regained the lost ground with aplomb and went on to win the next four matches on-the-trot. Unexpected, isn’t it?” remarked the president.
“The boys knew that we had to record victories to stay in contention. They believed that they could win. So they went that extra mile and made it. They played with a passion. While all the boys exerted themselves to the limit, I cannot underestimate the labours taken by coach Alex Alvares and his assistant staff, Pascoal Pereira, Levino Anthony Pereira and manager Anju Albuquerque,” conceded Peter, who had already started the celebrations in Shillong last night.
While Peter will be arriving Goa on Monday morning, some players will arrive on Monday evening and the rest on Tuesday morning. “It’s a long, long journey from Shillong to Guhuwati via Kolkata to Mumbai and to Goa,” remarked Peter as he signed off. But, soon he called back and said: “Please register my sincere thanks to all the football fans, supporters and all those who have supported us all these years.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment